Before you apply that vinyl decals and/or wall sticker there are a few things you will want to consider.
Here are 5 things you're going to want to consider:
- Select Your Surface- What & Where?
- Ideal Surfaces include, but are not limited to: glass, wood, drywall, plastic, & metal.
- Ideal locations: wall, window, floor, ceilings, plastic objects (ex. water bottles, etc.)
- Inspect Surface- Texture & Cleanliness
- Avoid the following surfaces: cracks, holes, highly textured, &dirty/ greasy
- Ideal Surfaces: Smooth, Minimal, Texture, Clean (utilize soap & water or water & alcohol mixture to clean appropriate surfaces)
- Measure- Measure surface & decal/ sticker
- Measure Desired surface (area of application) prior to purchase, to ensure decal will fit.
- Size up again before application, to ensure accurate fit
- Use straight edge & a pencil to mark orientation (ends, top, bottom, & center)
- Planning Orientation- Size it Up
- Position decal in desired position w/o removing backing layer (so the adhesive isn't exposed)
- Use scotch tape, thumb tack, friend, etc. to hold decal in place
- Use leveler to ensure decal is leveled & centered
- Step back & assess area, to ensure your positioning is to your liking
- Ready Set... Apply - Congrats!!
- You have completed the hardest part, your pre-work
- Now you are ready to apply!
Happy Home Styling!!
P.S. For a seamless application check out our blogs on how to apply your vinyl decal/ wall sticker
-Your friends at From Home 2 Heart